CANYON’S MISSION TO UNLEASH COMPASSION
Canyon’s mission is to lead people to a growing relationship with Jesus Christ: loving God, connecting people, and unleashing compassion. Following the example given to us by God, and out of thankfulness for what He has done for us, we desire to share with others the same compassion and love we’ve received.
Canyon’s Benevolence efforts express themselves in many ways, both big and small. We’ve taken dinners to a grieving family, sent a team with supplies to Texas after Hurricane Houston, provided backpacks for inner city children, sent a team to help build a medical center in the Dominican Republic, served at a banquet for the homeless, and blessed an Along Side prison ministry participant with a reliable car – just to name a few of our efforts.
AN OPPORTUNITY TO LOVE OUR NEIGHBORS
We currently have a new opportunity to unleash compassion in our community and are seeking funds through our Benevolence Ministry to assist a family in need. In September 2016, in a fluke accident, Canyon Church member, David Latina, fell at home and broke his neck causing almost total paralysis.
In the time since, he has made dramatic improvements (Praise God!), but is still in a wheelchair and needs continual care. His wife, Aracely, is the sole provider of that care. Their marriage is a beautiful testament to the vow of loving “in sickness and in health” and if you spend just a few minutes with them, you will find them encouraging you.
David has made some great progress with regaining some movement since that accident, but insurance doesn’t cover the level of physical therapy he needs. Additionally, David has been identified as a good candidate for regenerative adult stem cell treatment with GIOSTAR, but this is also a treatment the insurance doesn’t cover, and will also require that David travel out of the country to receive the treatment. Since he currently uses a motarized wheelchair, travel will be an additional challenge.
Let’s give David’s body the support and tools it needs to further heal! Funds will go towards travel expenses and the adult stem cell medical treatment itself. Any funds raised that are not used for this need will go towards future Canyon Benevolence efforts.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- DONATE! See “Three Ways to Give” below for more instructions.
- PRAY! Please pray for all obstacles to be cleared, for safe travel, and of course, for Dave’s continued healing.
- SHARE! Share the CrowdRise fundraising link on your social media pages.
LOVE IN ACTION – 3 WAYS TO GIVE:
If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation towards this effort, here are three options:
- Donate through the CrowdRise fundraising site. (click here or use the orange donation button at the top of this page).
- Donate through our PayPal button (click here or use the yellow donate button at the top right of this page). Be sure to type “Benevolence” in the box that says “Add Special Instructions”
- Make a check out to “Canyon Church of Christ,” (separate from your regular giving check), write “Benevolence” in the memo line, and mail it in, drop it off, or join us for worship Sunday morning and place it in the offering plate during service. Please click here for worship times, driving directions, and mailing address.