- Do you find yourself attending Bible class out of habit or compulsion, but not much else? Is there something lacking in your private Bible study time? Do you sit down to study the Bible but quickly find it overwhelming and you don’t know where to start?
- Maybe you are a Bible teacher who feels burned out, ill-trained, or unqualified? Is it tough putting together a lesson each week? Are you frustrated by a lack of discussion or engagement from your students?
- On Saturday, March 9 from 9 AM to 2 PM, Canyon Church is excited to be hosting a “Teaching Rocket” seminar with guest instructor, Michael Whitworth. This is a half-day workshop for those who want to be a better Bible teacher and/or student. If you have no desire to become a class teacher, we want to encourage you to attend anyway. This seminar is for more than teachers; it’s great for ANYONE who wants to be a better Bible student. Much of what we discuss will help you mine the riches of Scripture for yourself!
- This event is FREE, but please register, so we have an accurate headcount.
- LUNCH and CHILDCARE will be provided.
WHO: Adults, High School, and Junior High Students
WHERE: Canyon Church
WHEN: Saturday, March 9
Saturday, March 9
Download and print .pdf flyer here.
GUEST SPEAKER – MICHAEL WHITWORTH:
Michael Whitworth is the owner of Start2Finish and author of several books and Bible studies. He conducts 60+ Teaching Rocket seminars across the US per year. For 12 years, he served various churches in Tennessee and Texas as a pulpit and education minister. He lives in Fort Worth, Texas with his wife and two daughters.