Our Mission & Vision
Our Mission is to lead people to a growing relationship with Jesus Christ…
Loving God – Connecting People – Unleashing Compassion.
To impact the Kingdom of God through continued growth at the Canyon church while establishing campuses that will build relationships and reach souls in Phoenix – Arizona – the World.
- We Love the Lord. (Matthew 22:37)
- Our worship service is one way we can publicly express our love to God. We do this through song, prayer, communion, giving, and reading and studying His word – the Bible.
- We believe that we are to show our love for God and others in everything we do.
- We are dedicated to being a body of believers who love all people because God first loved us. (Matthew 22:39)
- At the Canyon church, we know relationships are essential to the Christian life.
- God built us for relationships and it is not good for us to be isolated from others. (Ephesians 4:11-16, Hebrews 10:25)
- We believe in the unity and blessings that come when a body of believers are joined together under Christ. (John 17:23, 1 Peter 3:8)
- We promote community and friendships through our small groups, Bible classes, fellowship events, and more.
- Out of thankfulness for what God has done for us, we desire to share the same compassion, love, and hope we’ve received with others.
- Because we love God and we love others (the Greatest Commands in Matthew 22:37-40) we also dedicate ourselves to following the Great Commission:
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” – Matthew 28:19-20a
- There are many opportunities at Canyon church to bless others and reach out to our community.
Please visit the Statement of Faith section of this site to get a more detailed explanation of what we believe.